Annual Report 2021/2022
Oak Valley Health has cultivated a research program that has grown exponentially over the last few years. Our talented researchers and clinicians have demonstrated a deep commitment to generating evidence to improve the lives of our patients and families, and the community.
Annual Report 2021/2022
What’s inside: This report highlights some of our achievements over this past year, including maintaining the continuous growth of the program and establishing foundation elements to support future growth, such as the development of the Clinical Research Toolkit and various educational and training initiatives.
Quarterly Research News
The official newsletter of the Office of Research. You can find the most recent issue below, as well as a collection of past issues.
Volume 2, Issue 2
In this issue: Trial Spotlight: SCHOLAR-2, meet our research students, upcoming Lunch n’ Learns, news and updates, active trials at Oak Valley Health, and Office of Research dashboard.
Volume 2, Issue 1
In this issue: Learn about the Medley trial, COVID trial (EB05) phase 2 results, meet Anna Mozan, new CRC, updates from the REB, and important updates: running your trial during COVID-19 pandemic.
Volume 1, Issue 1
In this issue: Meet Dr. Vicky Fera, clinical trial spotlight, upcoming trials to MSH, meet the MSH Research team.
Volume 1, Issue 2
In this issue: Meet Dr. Susan Kirsch, recap of Residents Research Day, updates from the Research Ethics Board, clinical trial spotlight: MA.40, and learn more about the new Impact Assessment process.
Volume 1, Issue 3
In this issue: Clinical trial spotlight: HIP ATTACK-2, meet Anne Malott, updates from the REB, upcoming trials to Oak Valley Health and interim analysis results for EB05, Office of Research Lunch n’ Learn series, our mark on the research community: publication highlights, and meet the new Office of Research staff.
- Accelerated Surgery Versus Standard Care in Hip Fracture (HIP ATTACK-1): A Kidney Substudy of a Randomized Clinical Trial
- Remdesivir for the treatment of patients in hospital with COVID-19 in Canada: a randomized controlled trial
- Promoting safety and role clarity among health professionals on Canada’s First Alongside Midwifery Unit (AMU): A mixed-methods evaluation
- Glycemic Outcome Associated With Insulin Pump and Glucose Sensor Use in Children and Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes: Data From the International Pediatric Registry SWEET
- Integrating shared decision‑making into primary care: lessons learned from a multi‑centre feasibility randomized controlled trial
- Lessons learned from the implementation of Canada’s first alongside midwifery unit: A qualitative explanatory study
- Remote proactive Ambulatory Toxicity Management During Adjuvant or Neo-adjuvant Chemotherapy for Early Stage Breast Cancer – A Pragmatic Cluster-Randomized Trial
- SARS-CoV-2 Antibodies in Ontario Healthcare Workers During and Following the First Wave of the Pandemic: a Cohort Study
- Sensitivity of midturbinate versus nasopharyngeal swabs for the detection of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)
- Surviving SARS and living through COVID-19: Healthcare worker mental health outcomes and insights for coping
- The Application of Health Leadership Competencies Around the World to the Canadian Midwifery Profession: A Scoping Review
- Impact of an orthogeriatric collaborative care model for older adults with hip fracture in a community hospital setting
- Fear of hypoglycemia in children with type 1 diabetes and their parents: Effect of pump therapy and continuous glucose monitoring with option of low glucose suspend in the CGM TIME trial
- Apixaban to Prevent Venous Thromboembolism in Patients with Cancer (2019)
- Testing an audit and feedback-based intervention to improve glycemic control after transfer to adult diabetes care: protocol for a quasi-experimental pre-post design with a control group (2019)
- Prehospital cooling to improve successful targeted temperature management after cardiac arrest: A randomized controlled trial (2017)
- The Postcardiac Arrest Consult Team: Impact on Hospital Care Processes for Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Patients (2016)
- Implementation of a post-arrest care team: understanding the nuances of a team based intervention (2016)
- The impact of hospital experience with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest patients on post cardiac arrest care (2016)
- Improving Use of Targeted Temperature Management After Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest: A Stepped Wedge Cluster Randomized Controlled Trial (2015)
- Targeted Temperature Management Processes and Outcomes After Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest: An Observational Cohort Study (2014)
- Development of a data dictionary for the Strategies for Post Arrest Resuscitation Care (SPARC) network for post cardiac arrest research (2011)
- A knowledge translation collaborative to improve the use of therapeutic hypothermia in post-cardiac arrest patients: protocol for a stepped wedge randomized trial (2011)