Patient Connect is an online tool that gives patients and families 24 hours a day, seven days a week access to their health care information.
With Patient Connect, you can view:
- Lab results
- Diagnostic imaging reports (not images)
- Health care provider notes
- Visit history information
- A summary of medications ordered when you are discharged
- Upcoming appointments
Patient Connect only contains a portion of your medical record. Information not available online can be requested from the Health Information Department (HIM).
Enroll for Patient Connect
- Do not include your middle name in the first name field
- If you are entering your MRN # you must enter the entire number, starting with the letter M. For example: M00123456
- If you are entering your OHIP #, you must enter the last 4 digits of your OHIP #. For example if your OHIP # reads: 1234 567 890 – PP, you would only enter 7890. Do not enter the version code.
For all questions or concerns about Patient Connect, call the support line between 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays) at 1-877-733-5033.
To self-enroll: a valid email address must be provided at registration on the day of your visit
- Provide your email address when you register for your visit
- Click enrollment request link
- Complete the enrollment questionnaire
- Click ‘Submit’
- An email will be sent to the same address that you entered on the enrollment request form. Follow the link to create your unique user login ID and password to complete enrollment.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Health Records (1-877-733-5033).
Already signed up?
Click here to log on to your Patient Connect account.
Access Patient Connect from your mobile device:
- Download the free MEDITECH MHealth app from the Apple Store or Google Play.
- Once installed, open the MEDITECH MHealth app.
- A pop-up message requesting access to your location services appears. Select ‘yes’.
- Make sure the location services in your device settings is set to on.
- Click on Patient Connect — Oak Valley Health.
- Login with your username and password.
- From the home screen menu you can access your health information.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can view information from August 2019 forward.
Yes, you can give family members or friends (called proxies) access to your information on the portal. You control who can access what information.
0-13 years of age
- Parent/legal guardian will be granted complete access to the child’s Patient Connect record.
- Parent/legal guardians must visit our HIM to obtain access.
14-15 years of age
- Patient authorization is required for the parent/legal guardian to obtain a proxy account for the minor child.
- At any point, a minor patient between these ages may request removal of a proxy’s access to their
16 + years of age
- Parent/legal guardian’s access is automatically removed at age 16.
- The patient must re-consent to grant parent/legal guardian access to their child’s Patient Connect record.
To request access to a health record, you must go to the Health Information Department, located Building B, level 1, Room A1681. Patients between the ages of 14-16, may request removal of proxies from their account. Proxies are automatically removed when the patient turns 16.
You will need government photo identification.
Yes. Portal passwords are encrypted and our web pages are written so that they cannot be copied. You and your authorized proxies are the only ones who can access your health information in the portal.
All our systems and procedures are compliant with and guided by the Personal Health Information Protection Act of Ontario. Patient Connect has privacy and security safeguards in place to ensure your health information is protected.
Visit www.oakvalleyhealth.ca for privacy and password tips.