Medical administration’s purpose is to facilitate the relationships of our professional staff (doctors, dentists, midwives, and nurse practitioners who are not employees of Oak Valley Health) and work closely with our medical leaders and administration to support recruitment, credentialing, career and leadership development planning, orientation, and remuneration for our professional staff.
We provide a number of services to support the relationship between Oak Valley Health and the professional staff.
- Professional staff recruitment and human resource planning
- Credentialing and recredentialing of professional staff members
- Performance management of professional staff
- Leadership education for professional staff
- Orientation: We continue to develop processes, tools, and resources to support the corporate orientation of professional staff.
- Remuneration: We administer most department and professional staff funding on behalf of the organization as well as hospital on-call coverage (HOCC) funding.
- Administrative coordination and support: Medical administration coordinates and supports the work of the Medical Advisory Committee (MAC) and the Medical Staff Association (MSA).
- Strategic influence: Medical administration stays up-to-date regarding strategic initiatives that impact the practice of medicine and/or medical training within the organization. We also play a facilitative role in ensuring that the impacts of change on the professional staff are understood and considered. Medical administration also ensures that medical leaders and physicians are represented in strategic initiatives and communicated with as appropriate.
The Oak Valley Health medical administration team includes:
- Dr. Caroline Geenen, Chief of Staff
- Lisa Harper, Senior Director, Medical Administration
- Trevor Whyte, Manager, Medical Administration