Oak Valley Health, alongside the provincial government, is expanding and building a new, modernized hospital in Uxbridge. The new hospital will add more patient beds and expand key services such as ambulatory care and diagnostic imaging – making it easier for families to continue receiving high-quality care, closer to home.
The plan for the new Uxbridge Hospital is to build a brand new state-of-the-art building on existing land. In partnership with Uxbridge Health Centreʼs physician group, Oak Tree Medical Centre opened – an ambulatory care building, and future home of a slate of hospital services. Additionally, plans are underway for a third building on the Uxbridge Hospital property – a long-term care home with seamless connection to the hospital.
Having three facilities co-located in a hub model will help improve the patient experience and meet the health care needs of the people of the Township of Uxbridge and Durham Region.
Building a new hospital in Uxbridge requires a tremendous collaborative effort between the province as well as the hospital and its community.
- Ontario building a stronger, more resilient health care system in Uxbridge
- Uxbridge Hospital takes next steps toward a modern, fully integrated health care campus
- Oak Valley Health enhances surgical care offerings in Markham and Uxbridge for patients with joint pain
- Ontario investing in critical hospital upgrades and repairs in Uxbridge
- Local physicians build new health centre on the Uxbridge Hospital site
- Ontario supporting hospital redevelopment in Uxbridge
Community Town Hall
Oak Valley Health held our first virtual town hall, the event was co-hosted by our President and CEO, Jo-anne Marr, and Vice President of Planning and Transformation, Elena Pacheco. They shared an update on the pandemic’s impact on health services as well as future capital redevelopment plans for the organization’s Markham Stouffville Hospital and Uxbridge Hospital.