We are proud to offer many amenities and comfortable settings for your family while you receive your care at Markham Stouffville Hospital. We offer a surgical family waiting room located in the link lobby on the second level of building B, where your surgical journey begins.
The surgical family waiting room offers comfortable couch and chair seating, television, free Wi-Fi, a telephone, and a quiet room for families who prefer or require some quiet time during their wait.
Please make yourself comfortable as you wait for your family member. You are not required to stay in the waiting rooms while your family member is in surgery. We offer many things to do while you wait.
- Please take advantage of our scenic grounds in our family garden or take a walk along the path that surrounds the hospital.
- We offer many seating areas on the hospital grounds for your rest and relaxation.
- Browse through our gift shop.
- We offer a full-service cafeteria featuring Druxy’s Deli located in the main lobby, second floor of building A, along with a full-service Tim Horton’s located in the main lobby, second floor of building A.
- We also offer a meditation room located on the second floor of building A as well as multiple vendors in the main lobby of the hospital for you to browse as you wait.
- We are physically attached to the Cornell Community Centre in a partnership with the City of Markham. Located in the community centre is a library where you can choose from many books, magazines, and resources.
- Also in the Cornell Community Centre, we have the Medical Library where you can access scientific journals and other publications to help you make informed decisions about your care.