The Plastics Clinic at Markham Stouffville Hospital treats patients with many types of injuries and other conditions including:
- Hand trauma
- Facial trauma
- Surgical skin conditions
- Skin cancer including melanoma
During the initial assessment, the team will determine if you will require a follow up, minor procedure, wound care, or a surgical procedure.
Services at the Plastics Clinic
- Diagnostic imaging
- Occupational therapy and splinting
- Hand exercise instruction by our hand physiotherapist
- Wound care
To learn more, download our Plastics Clinic brochure.
The Health Care Team in the Plastics Clinic
Our team includes:
- Plastic surgeons: there are three plastic surgeons affiliated with the clinic: Dr. Ron Wallman, Dr. John Kao, and Dr. Tara Lyn Teshima (see below)
- Registered practical nurses
- Occupational therapists
- Orthopaedic technologists
- X-ray technologists
Making An Appointment at the Plastics Clinic
Appointments are made by referral only. Referrals to the Plastics Clinic come from the Markham Stouffville Hospital Emergency Department, after surgery at the hospital, or from your family doctor. If you recently had surgery at Markham Stouffville Hospital, a follow-up visit with your surgeon will be scheduled after surgery.
NOTE: The physicians are in clinic on specific days of the week and follow up is always scheduled on the date your physician is in the clinic.
To reschedule or cancel your appointment, call 905-472-7353, 48 hours in advance of your appointment.