At Oak Valley Health, listening and learning from our patients, families and members of our local communities is an important part of our Honoured to Care culture.
Patient Experience Participants (PEPs) are specialized volunteers embedded within our hospitals. They contribute in a variety of ways to help us deliver an extraordinary patient experience by sharing perspectives, opinions and providing input on decisions that improve quality of care.
As a PEP, you can get involved at your location of choice (Markham Stouffville Hospital, Uxbridge Hospital, or RCC) or participate virtually. Activities will match your interests, experience and availability, and can include:
- Participating in focus groups, working groups and project teams
- Membership in hospital councils and operations committees
- Developing patient and family education and informational material
- Participating in human resource interviews for new hires
- Internal and external engagement, including participation in community fairs and exhibitions
Applying to be a PEP volunteer
To become a PEP, you must be 18 years or older. We welcome all interested parties including:
- Patients/ community members who have had a recent hospital experience in the last three years
- Family members and caregivers of former or current patients
Questions can be sent to email@example.com or by calling 905-472-7373 ext. 6914.