Location and Contact
Location: Vaccines are available at the COVID-19 Assessment Centre, located at Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH). See map below.
To get vaccinated you must meet the criteria listed on the Ministry of Health’s website and book an appointment online. Walk-ins will not be accepted. If you do not have access to the internet or have issues booking online please call: 1-833-943-3900.
Updated September 9, 2021
Individuals aged 12+ or born in the year 2009 or earlier.
The following groups of individuals eligible to rebook their appointment within the accelerated time frame, 28 days after they received their first shot of an mRNA vaccine.
All individuals aged 18 and over who received their first dose of an mRNA vaccine
- Youth aged 12 to 17 (and those born in the year 2009 or earlier) are eligible to book an accelerated second dose appointment at 28 days between first and second dose
- Individuals 18 years of age or older who received their first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine are eligible to book their second dose appointment for AstraZeneca or an mRNA vaccine at an interval of eight weeks or more with informed consent
The vaccine provided at this vaccination centre is Pfizer.
For those who do not have access to the internet and/or having trouble booking online, call 1-833-943-3900. Do not call the hospital to book a COVID-19 vaccine appointment.
- Bookings must be completed online; individuals who are not able or not comfortable booking an online appointment are encouraged to seek out a support person (caregiver, family member or friend) who can assist in booking this appointment on your behalf.
- Family members or friends can book an appointment for eligible individuals.
- A health card is required to book an appointment online. If you do not have a health card, call 1-833-943-3900 to book your appointment.
- Only book ONE appointment; do not book appointments at multiple clinics.
- Do not book an appointment if you do not meet the eligibility criteria.
- Family members or caretakers of eligible residents, cannot book appointments at this time however may attend the clinic appointment with the eligible resident as a support person.
Preparing for your vaccination
- Once your appointment has been confirmed you will receive an email or text message to address or number you provided.
- The confirmation will include a QR code and/or a confirmation number. Please bring this confirmation (either digital or paper copy) to your appointment. You will need to present this when you arrive for check-in.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- Wearing a mask is required when entering the vaccination centre and physical distancing must be maintained from others attending the centre.
- Please wear a short sleeve shirt for easy access to your upper arm to receive the vaccine.
- When you arrive you will be asked a series of screening questions. If you are unwell or have symptoms of COVID-19, do not come to the vaccination centre. Please reschedule your appointment.
- Please bring your health card (if you have one), and another government issued identification with proof of age.
- After you have passed the screening process, you will be asked to check-in and consent to the vaccination.
- Get vaccinated.
- Wait 15 minutes following vaccination, as per guidelines.
- Once the 15 minutes is complete, you can check-out. NOTE: Anyone requesting an electronic version of their vaccination receipt, can visit: https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/.
Please read the following information, provided by the Ministry of Health, carefully before you come to your appointment.
- Ministry of Health: COVID-19 vaccine information sheet
- Ministry of Health: COVID-19 consent form – you will be asked to give consent when you arrive at the vaccination centre.
- Ministry of Health: What you need to know about your COVID-19 vaccine appointment
Effective September 14, 2021
From September 14 – September 30 (inclusive)
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m., appointments only, no walk-ins
Vaccinations are administered at the COVID-19 Assessment Centre located at Markham Stouffville Hospital. The COVID-19 Assessment Centre cannot be accessed from inside of the hospital. The entrance is located on the south side of the hospital, east of the Emergency Department, see map below. COVID-19 Assessment Centre parking is in lot #7.
Parking for individuals getting vaccinated
- Parking for individuals getting vaccinated is free (validated)
- When you enter the parking lot (Lot #7 – closest lot) please take a ticket. Bring the ticket inside to your appointment. It will be validated when you check-out.
- No parking is permitted on the roadways or the fire hall
Individuals who are 80 years of age or older and need support getting to and from the vaccination centre, may contact CHATS iRIDE transportation program at 1-844-IRIDE-01 (1-844-474-3301). NOTE: Local rides within Markham to MSH only. CHATS will not provide transportation to other vaccination centres.
Carefirst will offer volunteer support, local rides, and respond to language-specific enquiries related to vaccinations at MSH call 416-646-5108.