Clinical trials are a type of clinical research that involve an intervention that could be a drug, a procedure or a device, or a change to someone’s lifestyle such as exercise or diet.
Clinical trials are used to determine safety and effectiveness of treatments, devices and procedures. In Canada, clinical trials are conducted with oversight from a research ethics board and Health Canada when applicable.
Why participate in a clinical trial?
There are many reasons why you might choose to take part in a clinical trial. By participating, you may help researchers find:
- The safest options by monitoring treatment closely and watching for side effects, researchers will learn if the treatment is safe.
- The best treatments by comparing two or more treatments, researchers will learn which treatment works better.
- The right uses by finding new ways and methods to use existing treatments, researchers may advance medicine.
- The right patients by testing in different groups of people such as the elderly and children, researchers will learn who will benefit the most.
Oak Valley Health is a participating member of the Network of Networks (N2). Please review the It Starts With Me campaign to learn more about participating in clinical trials.
- Active oncology clinical trials
If you are interested in participating in a clinical trial, please speak with your oncologist. Currently, Oak Valley Health is recruiting eligible patients for the following clinical trials:
Study short name Principal investigator Area of research NCT # MA.40 Dr. Vikaash Kumar Breast 04650581 REaCT-Algorithm Dr. Vikaash Kumar Breast 04131933 REaCT-ZOL Dr. Vikaash Kumar Breast 03664687 REaCT-RETT Dr. Vikaash Kumar Breast 03948568 MVASI Study Dr. Mateya Trinkaus Colorectal N/A
- Active in-patient clinical trials
Currently, Oak Valley Health is recruiting eligible patients for the following in-patient clinical trials:
Study short name Principal investigator Area of research NCT # EB05-04-2020 Dr. Anthony La Delfa COVID-19 04401475 CATCO Dr. Valerie Sales COVID-19 04330690 HIP ATTACK-2 Dr. Stephen McMahon Surgery 04743765 Navigating the Grey Zone Dr. Matt Cohen Labour & Delivery 04792112
- Active out-patient clinical trials
Currently, Oak Valley Health is recruiting eligible patients for the following out-patient trials:
Study short name Principal investigator Area of research NCT # ADDAM Dr. Susan Kirsch Paediatric Diabetes 03988764