Making an appointment
Making an appointment
Location and Contact
Markham Stouffville Hospital:Phone: (patient scheduling office): 905-472-7020
When you arrive: Unless otherwise specified, register at the registration desk in the main lobby. The registration desk clerk will direct you to your procedure.
Uxbridge Hospital:Phone: 905-852-9771 ext. 5249
When you arrive: Unless otherwise specified, register at the central registration desk on the main floor. The registration desk clerk will direct you from there.
At Oak Valley Health, we are dedicated to ensuring that any test or procedure you have is performed as quickly, effectively, and compassionately as possible.
Our patient scheduling centre books appointments for Markham Stouffville Hospital and Uxbridge Hospital, in the following areas:
- Diagnostic imaging: MRI, CT scan, ultrasound, nuclear medicine, mammogram, interventional radiology
- Fracture clinic
- Cardio respiratory
Contacting the patient scheduling centre
Your doctor will provide us with a request for your appointment/procedure.
- Twenty-four hours after you have visited your doctor, you will be able to contact us directly to book your appointment. You can either call us or drop by our patient scheduling office.
- Please have your Ontario Health Card ready when contacting us.
- For Markham Stouffville Hospital, call us at 905-472-7020 from Monday – Friday between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. OR drop by our desk at the patient scheduling office (room A2613) located across from Clinic 1.
- For Uxbridge Hospital call us at 905-852-9771 ext. 5249.
Many of the tests we perform require you to do some preparations prior to arriving at the hospital (e.g., no eating or drinking prior to the test). The scheduling office will provide you with any necessary preparation information. However, for your convenience, all preparation information for each of our tests can be found on the relevant page in Clinics and Departments.
How to change your appointment
If you are unable to make it for the scheduled appointment, please contact us at least 24 hours prior to your appointment at 905-472-7020 (Markham Stouffville Hospital) or 905-852-9771 ext. 5249 (Uxbridge Hospital).
Please note that any rescheduling most likely will result in a date/time later than your original.
If you have an appointment for diagnostic imaging or other select departments, we will provide you with a reminder call a few days before your appointment. Find out more about reminder calls.