A Treatment Plan, Designed For You
If you’ve been suffering from low back pain or related leg pain for at least 6 weeks and less than 12 months, talk to your doctor about Rapid Access Clinics for Back Pain (formerly ISAEC). It’s a new Ontario-wide program designed to get you back in action, sooner.
Fast, Effective, Personalized Care
- Get an appointment near you within four weeks
- Get a personalized treatment plan
- Get faster access to your preferred care providers
- If necessary, get accelerated access to imaging and/or surgeons
This program is currently being rolled out across the province. Originally piloted in 2012, 99% of patients were satisfied with the outcome of their treatment.
How Does the Program Work?
Just as lower back pain is a different experience for everyone – so is treatment. When referred to this program, you’ll receive fast, appropriate and personalized care to help you manage your pain effectively.
- Initial assessment: A dedicated specialist (physiotherapist, chiropractor or nurse practitioner with advanced skills in low back care) will go over your condition and medical history. They will do a physical examination and explain the cause of your pain. Your primary care provider will receive a summary of your results and be notified of all next steps.
- Personalized plan: Your specialist will work with you to create a detailed self-management plan to help you better manage your pain and improve mobility with actionable steps such as exercises, lifestyle changes or other options.
- Follow-up: If you are at risk of chronic low back pain, your specialist will provide one or more follow-up appointments. If your condition is more serious, we can arrange additional imaging or make a referral to a specialist or surgeon.
Note: If you need to see a pain specialist, we will notify your primary care provider with a recommendation to arrange that referral.
- Patient guide: Know what to ask for in your care
- Exercise videos: Access safe stretches and exercises
- Patient intake form: To save time, complete this form before your appointment
- Frequently asked questions: See the FAQs
- Referral form
To Refer Your Patients to RAC-LBP
- You must be a primary care provider (Family Medicine Physician, Sports Medicine Physician, or Nurse Practitioner in a family practice) in Ontario.
- If you meet the above eligibility criteria, please proceed to completing the RAC-LBP Registration and Onboarding Module which includes referral criteria, an overview of the RAC-LBP Model of Care as well as the crucial role primary care plays in managing low back pain patients (approximately 5 mins) – Click here to access the onboarding module.
You Must Be Referred to This Program
Talk to your primary care provider to determine whether Rapid Access Clinics for Low Back Pain are right for you.
For more information, please call 905-472-7373 ext. 6281 or send us an email using the button below. Make sure to let us know you are a potential patient.
We take precautions to protect your personal information. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the internet is 100 per cent secure. We highly suggest you avoid sending unnecessary personal information to us through email, such as health card numbers.