The Allergy Clinic at Uxbridge Hospital offers outpatient clinical services for adults and children with asthma or allergies.
To be seen in this clinic, you will need a referral from your physician. Download the referral form.
Our services at the Allergy Clinic include:
- Assessment and treatment of asthma
- Assessment of patients with potential allergic reactions/anaphylaxis
- Food allergy testing
- Drug allergy testing including penicillin allergy testing
- Vaccine allergy testing
- Contact dermatitis/eczema assessment and treatment
- Chronic urticaria (hives) and angioedema (swelling in the skin caused by fluid build-up) assessment and treatment
- Seasonal/environmental allergy evaluation and management
You will require a referral from a physician in order to be seen at the Allergy Clinic. Please contact us as soon as possible if you need to change or cancel your appointment: 905-852-2464.
Before Your Visit to the Allergy Clinic
- Do not take any antihistamines, cough, or cold medication for four days before your visit
- Please bring all your medication with you
- Do not take inhalers on the day of testing
- Bring your health card with you
During and After Your Visit
Your assessment may take up to 1 – 1.5 hours depending on the testing required.
The clinic assessment includes allergy tests and a consultation with the allergist. You will receive a diagnosis, care plan, and instructions to stay in touch with your primary care physician.
After your visit, you may require further testing. You will have a follow up at your physician’s office if required.
Meet Our Allergist