Medical administration’s purpose is to facilitate the relationships of our professional staff (doctors, dentists, midwives and nurse practitioners who are not employees of the hospital) and work closely with our medical leaders and hospital administration to support recruitment, credentialing, career and leadership development planning, orientation and remuneration for our professional staff.
We provide a number of services to support the relationship between Markham Stouffville Hospital and the professional staff.
- Professional staff recruitment and human resource planning
- Credentialing and recredentialing of professional staff members
- Performance management of professional staff
- Leadership education for professional staff
- Orientation: We continue to develop processes, tools and resources to support the corporate orientation professional staff.
- Remuneration: We administer most department and professional staff funding on behalf of the hospital as well as hospital on-call coverage (HOCC) funding.
- Administrative coordination and support: Medical administration coordinates and supports the work of the Medical Advisory Committee (MAC) and the Medical Staff Association (MSA).
- Strategic influence: Medical administration stays up-to-date regarding hospital strategic initiatives that impact the practice of medicine and/or medical training within the hospitals. We also play a facilitative role in ensuring that the impacts of change on the professional staff are understood and considered. Medical administration also ensures that medical leaders and physicians are represented in strategic initiatives and communicated with as appropriate.
The MSH medical administration team:
- Dr. Caroline Geenen, Chief of Staff; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lisa Harper, Director, Medical Administration; email: email@example.com
- Trevor Whyte, Medical Administration Coordinator; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dilo Pullaii, Executive Assistant to Dr. Caroline Geenen and Lisa Harper; email: email@example.com